الخميس، 21 فبراير 2013

“Google Play” reveals your data!!


“Google Play” reveals your data!!

Would you give your privacy data for an Android application?
EVERY time you purchase an app from Google Play, your name, address and email is passed on to the developer, it has been revealed!
News.com.au wrote:
The “flaw” – which appears to be by design – was discovered by Sydney app developer, Dan Nolan who told news.com.au that he was uncomfortable being the custodian of this information and that there was no reason for any developer to have this information at their finger tips!
GooglePlay
GooglePlay
“Let me make this crystal clear, every App purchase you make on Google Play gives the developer your name, suburb and email address with no indication that this information is actually being transferred”.
This is a massive oversight by Google. Under no circumstances should I be able to get the information of the people who are buying my apps unless they opt into it and it’s made crystal clear to them that I’m getting this information. This is a massive, massive privacy issue Google. Fix it. Immediately.
The author, Claire Porter, added a comment on the story after its headline had been neutered to the nicer “Google ‘flaw’ puts users’ details on display” that stated, “For the people asking how the story was amended: Despite the fact that Google refused to comment on the record, I was asked to change the headline (both the homepage headline and SEO headline inside the story), as well as the standfirst and lead (first paragraph). Google’s issue was with the use of the word ‘flaw.’
So it is not hard to say that Google is selling you out! From here you might be interested to know The difference between Apple’s app store and Google Play: User data
Google faces privacy issues, as Reuters mentioned that European data watchdogs said on Monday they plan to take action against Google by this summer for its privacy policy, which allows the search engine to pool user data from across all its services ranging from YouTube to Gmail.
I am an Android fan, I like it and I use it, but I will not allow to give my personal information without my permission, and I guess that most of the users are the same, aren’t you?

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق